Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum- American Classics

I writing from my hotel room in Fort Wayne, Indiana on the eve of my first day back to work.

A few weeks back I interviewed with Navistar down here and on the way back from the interview I stopped off at the Auburn Cord Duesenburg Museum. Over the years I heard great things about it and had to jump at the opportunity to see it while I was down here. And let me tell you it was totally worth it. I'm not going to go into specifics but for a car guy or design guy, or girl it is defiantly a place to check out if you're in or around the area or want to plan a day tip.

It's an impeccable collection of Auburn's, Cord's, and Duesenburg's. These pieces of art were in concord condition. Some of these have been at Pebble Beach and Meadow Brook. Most of the Duesenburgs had leather wrapped leaf spring, I mean come on leather wrapped! Amazing. In the back they had a private collection of a 1964 Ferrari 340, 65 289 Shelby Cobra, and my personal favorite a 1965 Jaguar E Type all originals and in mint condition.

I didn't bring my camera so I took a few off line to give you an idea of what to expect. It is amazing to see the quality these coach builders put into these automobiles. In my personal opinion it blows the European cars form the era completely out of the water. Try and make it someday you won't be dissapointed.













No comments:

Post a Comment