Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Decade That Was

The other night I closed out 2009 and the decade on a good note, with my friends surrounding me and a few drinks in my belly. This past decade has brought tragedy, growth, disappointment and excitement into my life all of which has helped me become who I am today.

Over this past decade I have lived through our generations version of Pearl Harbor. I watched on TV that morning a new reality in our lives. I don't think I will ever be able to go back to the way it was. I walked across a stage to accept my college degree, a feat that at one time in my life I don't think I was sever going to be able to do. But after a few years of hard work and perseverance I fulfilled that dream. I joined corporate America becoming a designer at Ford Motor Company. I saw the hardships of belonging to a corporate giant seeing many friends come and go and being the victim of corporate re-structuring as well and I saw a black man become our 44ht president.

I've appreciated how precess life really is and what are the more important things in life too, like friends and family. They are the ones that will always be your constant in these decades to come no matter what comes across your plate.

So here's to 2010 and beyond. May you bring it on.......

No comments:

Post a Comment