Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Finally a Chinesse iPhone

Saw the original post on Core77, which promted me to check out the blog posted by Jan Chipchase . It's official the Chinese have produced a knock-off of the Apple iPhone. decribes "the fakes" being produced out of China as a cheaper version to appeal to the masses. The price tag of "the fakes" make them more tangible. For the knock-off consumer, it's all about the image and not the functionality or content.

I will admit that I am one of those people. I love watches but can't afford the steep prices an IWC, Bretling's, or a Bell & Ross. A few years ago I purchased a knock-off Bell and Ross from an Asia website. Looks great, worked great ,but was a little bit smaller than the original version.

I understand why people buy products for the name or image and not the quality. It's the whole" keeping up with the Joneses". You've got to one up your neighbor and friends to show them you've made it or have some taste. Now I've got taste but I just don't have the cash to fund that taste....

ARTICLE

No comments:

Post a Comment